- Join our Team for The Art of Re-integration: Veterans and the Silences of War
Details and discussion group leader application. Deadline June 17, 2018.
Paid Discussion Leader Opportunity
Attend a Warrior Writers Event
Host a Warrior Writers Event
Contact Warrior Writers to host a workshop, training, retreat, reading or art exhibition
- Volunteer to work with our staff in Philadelphia
- Donate time, talent, art supplies or space for workshops, performances or exhibits
- Donate or lend artistic equipment (camera, editing equipment, etc.)
- Help organize a Warrior Writers event
- Offer editing skills and literary critiques of writing
- Write a review of our new book
- Host a Warrior Writers event
- Contact us at email@example.com to volunteer.
Scholarships for veterans for the new MA in Public Leadership at the University of San Francisco
Craig Newmark, founder of craigslist and Craig Newmark Philanthropies, has created scholarships to support veterans and/or military families members above and beyond G.I. Bill funding for students accepted into MA in Public Leadership program at University of San Francisco in the 2018-19 academic year, providing full tuition for up to ten student veterans.
- Application for Fall Deadline: July 1, 2018
- Application: More information and Apply
Veteran Outreach Coordinator/Mission Continues Fellowship
The Mission Continues is recruiting for their Charlie Fellowship class. The Fellowship consists of establishing three quantifiable goals and committing 20 hours a week for six months to realize said goals. Benefits include a monthly living stipend, a large nationwide network of veteran leaders, and leadership curriculum. If anyone is interested in completing a Fellowship with The Mission Continues and utilizing Warrior Writers as their community service host, please start the process with The Mission Continues online ASAP and let us know you are applying. If accepted by The Mission Continues, you must then complete an application with Warrior Writers.
Warrior Writers is specifically looking for veterans who want to be Fellows in Philadelphia and NYC who will serve as Veteran Outreach Coordinators. We may consider other cities, contact us to discuss details.
U.S. Veterans Artist in Residence at Big Bend National Park
Thanks to the Big Bend Natural History Association and the National Park Service, Big Bend National Park offers two Artist in Residencies for U.S. Veterans and one open to the general public. Each has a cash stipend, house, public engagement.
Hambridge Center Veteran Fellowship
The Hambridge Center for Creative Arts and Sciences is offering a Veteran Fellowship! Hambridge will provide a $700 stipend and waives the fee for a 2 week residency for an outstanding applicant in any discipline that served in the U.S. Military. A sanctuary of time and space situated on 600 acres in the mountains of north Georgia, the Hambridge inspires individuals working in a broad range of disciplines to create works of the highest caliber.
- Apply from August 1 through September 15 for the mid-February through April residency period.
- Residency Information
GWOT Oral History Project
- When: Deadline open
- What: Tell your story for the GWOT Oral History Project website. The purpose of the project is to record oral testimony of people who served in Iraq or Afghanistan during the wars.
- Contact: Zach Laporte, firstname.lastname@example.org
- More information
Narrative Inquiry in Bioethics
- When: Deadline open
- What: Call for submissions to a collection of personal stories from war veterans, Veterans' Healthcare on the Homefront, published by Johns Hopkins University Press.
- Submission Information
Veterans’ Voices Magazine
- When: Deadline open
- What: Call for submissions for poetry, prose and photographs.
- Submissions Guidelines
Help fund Warrior Writers Work
We are a 501C3 tax-deductible non-profit organization.
- Contribute to our 10-year Anniversary Book Crowd-Source Campaign
- Become a sustaining donor or make a one-time donation
- Download Sponsor a Vet form
- Throw a house party
- Help us research grant opportunities or donors
Help get the word out about Warrior Writers
- Share our books with folks you know, universities, organizations, schools, and libraries
- Tell service members and veterans you know about Warrior Writers!
- Advertise or review our books on your blog or website
- Ask your local paper to write a story about WW or to review of our new book
Stay in touch
Sign up to receive our e-newsletter to find out about events, volunteer opportunities, and art and creative writing opportunities.
Contact us at email@example.com or CultureTrust/Warrior Writers, 1315 Walnut Street, Suite 320, Philadelphia, PA 19107 for more information on volunteer opportunities and upcoming events.
Partners and Discounts