Attend a Warrior Writers Event
Host a Warrior Writers Event
Contact Warrior Writers to host a workshop, training, retreat, reading or art exhibition
- Volunteer to work with our staff in Philadelphia
- Donate time, talent, art supplies or space for workshops, performances or exhibits
- Donate or lend artistic equipment (camera, editing equipment, etc.)
- Help organize a Warrior Writers event
- Offer editing skills and literary critiques of writing
- Write a review of our new book
- Host a Warrior Writers event
- Contact us at email@example.com to volunteer.
Veteran Outreach Coordinator/Mission Continues Fellowship
The Mission Continues is recruiting for their Charlie Fellowship class. The Fellowship consists of establishing three quantifiable goals and committing 20 hours a week for six months to realize said goals. Benefits include a monthly living stipend, a large nationwide network of veteran leaders, and leadership curriculum. If anyone is interested in completing a Fellowship with The Mission Continues and utilizing Warrior Writers as their community service host, please start the process with The Mission Continues online ASAP and let us know you are applying. If accepted by The Mission Continues, you must then complete an application with Warrior Writers.
Warrior Writers is specifically looking for veterans who want to be Fellows in Philadelphia and NYC who will serve as Veteran Outreach Coordinators. We may consider other cities, contact us to discuss details.
World Affairs 2016 Veteran Fellowship Program
The World Affairs Veteran Fellowship program seeks to engage post 9.11 veterans in the conference, inviting them to lead conversations on current world topics and share their unique perspective and life experiences.. World Affairs values new voices that can be shared with our intellectually curious and globally-minded audience. The third annual Veteran Fellowship program is a unique opportunity in which articulate and engaging veterans can participate.
Veteran Fellows will be invited to lead table talks during the conference lunch, share their life experiences with students from our World Affairs Education Program, and stimulate discussion with other guests on proposed global topics throughout the conference.
Cost: Entry free.
- Scholarship/Fellowship Deadline: Sept. 30, 2016
- Fellowship Information
U.S. Veterans Artist in Residence at Big Bend National Park
Thanks to the Big Bend Natural History Association and the National Park Service, Big Bend National Park offers two Artist in Residencies for U.S. Veterans and one open to the general public. Each has a cash stipend, house, public engagement.
- Deadline Aug. 22nd, 2016
- Fellowship Application
Hambridge Center Veteran Fellowship
The Hambridge Center for Creative Arts and Sciences is offering a Veteran Fellowship! Hambridge will provide a $700 stipend and waives the fee for a 2 week residency for an outstanding applicant in any discipline that served in the U.S. Military. A sanctuary of time and space situated on 600 acres in the mountains of north Georgia, the Hambridge inspires individuals working in a broad range of disciplines to create works of the highest caliber.
- Apply from August 1 through September 15, 2016 for the mid-February through April residency period.
- Residency Information
2016 Veteran Arts Showcase
- When: Submission Deadline: Oct. 1, 2016
- Exhibition: Nov 18-20 at the FDR Presidential Library and Museum in Hyde Park, NY. Open to all military connected, active or discharged, and their families - all branches, any discharge status, all genre - visual artists, performers, writers, crafters.
- Cost: Entry free.
- Contact Information: George Laws, 914-522-5518, VeteranArtsShowcase@gmail.com
- Download Application
GWOT Oral History Project
- When: Deadline open
- What: Tell your story for the GWOT Oral History Project website. The purpose of the project is to record oral testimony of people who served in Iraq or Afghanistan during the wars.
- Contact: Zach Laporte, firstname.lastname@example.org
- More information
Narrative Inquiry in Bioethics
- When: Deadline open
- What: Call for submissions to a collection of personal stories from war veterans, Veterans' Healthcare on the Homefront, published by Johns Hopkins University Press.
- Submission Information
Veterans’ Voices Magazine
- When: Deadline open
- What: Call for submissions for poetry, prose and photographs.
- Submissions Guidelines
Help fund Warrior Writers Work
We are a 501C3 tax-deductible non-profit organization.
- Become a sustaining donor or make a one-time donation
- Download Sponsor a Vet form
- Throw a house party
- Help us research grant opportunities or donors
Help get the word out about Warrior Writers
- Share our books with folks you know, universities, organizations, schools, and libraries
- Tell service members and veterans you know about Warrior Writers!
- Advertise or review our books on your blog or website
- Ask your local paper to write a story about WW or to review of our new book
Stay in touch
Partners and Discounts